July 1, 2009

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE??

I just looked up and realized that it is July!! 2009!! How the hell did that happen? This month I’ll be 41. I don’t have an issue with being 41 – really and truly. What I don’t understand though is how did I get here? Just yesterday I was 22. How is that as children our concept of time is that it takes forever? Waiting for birthdays and Christmas seemed like an eternity. Now – I blink my eyes and another year has gone by.

I tell my friends with young children – enjoy every minute, every phase and stage. Because once you put those little sweeties into kindergarten time will move at warp speed!! Truly. I know this for an absolute fact. Just last fall, I walked my little guy into kindergarten – and then cried my way to work. And yet somehow, this fall, my little (big, no check that GIANT) guy will be a sophmore in high school and driving! WTF?

Anyhow – depressing as this may seem – I’m not going to let it get me down. I am all about living in the moment; enjoying everything I can. That’s not to say I don’t worry, or am never depressing or pessimistic; or am never angry or frustated. I do and I am. I’m normal (kinda, sorta, maybe?).

I just recently got into reading blogs. I have a few that I follow daily and they have inspired me. But what will I blog about?

This little blog is going to be a development in progress. I really don’t know how to classify it. Will it be about my family? Some. Will it be about me? Eh, maybe a bit. My job? Probably not – unless something seriously funny or enraging happens. Life in general? Definitely. Politics? Not really, I know just enough to be dangerous but not enough to make intelligent arguments. All I know is it seems like something I feel compelled to do – before too much more time elapses.

Me
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. HI Angie, Welcome to the blogosphere..! I just started in March and am as addicted as my life allows (lack of time). It can get a little addicting and very cathartic! And to be honest, I feel like I've gotten to know a lot of people out there and their stories make me feel like I'm not alone! I'll check in on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz! Thanks so much for commenting. Actually you are the one who inspired me (pink hair - remember?). Love your blog can't wait to see what all you have in store!!!

    ReplyDelete