June 4, 2010

You've Been Warned....

If you happened to be on Twitter last night, then you are aware that I was completely computer-less as Man-Child had a huge English project to complete in lieu of his end of year exam.

So what happens when mom is computer-less?  Well, apparently, she turns to Twitter - for a little while at least.  Until everyone packs it up and goes to bed (which as most of my Twitter-buds are across the pond means its pretty early by my clock).  And then she reads.  And reads.  And reads.


Last night I started (and finished) James Patterson’s “You’ve Been Warned.”  Turns out I’d already read this book recently (what can I say, I'm lucky if I can remember what I wore to work yesterday, much less what I've read a month or so ago.....) but couldn’t remember the ending.  Which is why I was able to read this book in a matter of hours – since the majority of the book was lurking somewhere in my subconscious I didn’t have to absorb as much.  If that makes sense.

Another thing I didn't remember?  How much I enjoyed this book.

This book was a little different from most of James Patterson’s stuff – I think because it was co-authored with Howard Roughan.  But by and large it was a great (re)read.

It’s about a young photographer struggling to make ends meet.  She works as a nanny for a very wealthy family while waiting to be “discovered.”  Then, the weird things start happening.  A recurring nightmare causes her to wake to her own screams every morning.  She is “warned” by strange people she doesn’t know yet somehow they know her name.  She hears music that no one else can hear.  Film she develops has some “issues.”  She begins to see things that aren’t really there.  She thinks she might be going insane.

The conclusion was . . . different.  Good, but different.

As with all of James Patterson’s books, I’d recommend this one – it will keep you guessing.  Go read it - and we'll discuss.
And just so ya' know - one of these days I'll get around to adding a tab up there with all my recommended reads.  One day......

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one, unfortunately, I'm not a regular book reader...Please don't hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this author. Haven't read this one! Lately I have been spending to much time on blogs and not enough time reading books.

    ReplyDelete