June 1, 2010

Something's just not right y'all.....

But here's the kicker.  I can't tell you why.

I mean, I would if I could, but I can't.

I feel sure it's all residual from hubby's situation.

Even he and Man-Child have picked up on it.

Hubby has even asked me several times today if I'm okay.  If I'm sad.  If I still love him (seriously?  how could he ask me that?).

I can't articulate the feeling.  I've tried and tried.

I'm worried (maybe that's it! As worry has generally never been something to plague me) about Hubby finding a job in this economy.  Oh yes, "they" tell us that unemployment is down - but really?  Are "they" looking at the classifieds every day?  One page y'all.  And that covers everything from Administrative to Zoology.  Sorry, but that doesn't seem very promising and uplifting to me.

Luckily, we are saavy enough to know where to turn to on the Internet - but even that has produced few leads.  Even luckier, Hubby has contacts through his former contractors, and they are actively keeping an ear to the ground for him - and today a stone was turned that might be very useful (fingers crossed....).  The lesson here being - always be a good guy and don't burn your bridges because that person might be of assistance to you one day.

I find myself getting aggravated at Hubby and Man-Child for the littlest things.  But can't seem to tell them why I'm aggravated; especially Hubby. 

But I've got to shake this feeling. I've got to put on my happy face. I don't need to have Hubby worrying about me as well as everything else....

I keep telling myself over and over, "It will be okay. Everything happens for a reason. One door closes so another can open, etc." Eventually, I'm bound to listen to myself, right?

In the meantime, I'm off for a hot bath, a big glass of wine (or two...) and a good book (which reminds me, I have a couple I wanted to review for you......)


Sorry to be such a downer; but this is where I'm at right now....but tomorrow is bound to be better, right?

5 comments:

  1. "shake" it baby, "shake" it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up young Gigi, chin up. Things will get better...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my dear, tomorrow is always brighter:) Hang in there baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a motto on my wall in work ...
    "No matter what happens or how bad it seems today, life goes on and it will be better tomorrow"
    Hope the bath and wine helped and remember we are all here for you to moan at!
    BNMx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are worried and rightfully so and it is coming out in this way. It will probably be on and off for awhile. Thinking of you!! This has to be so hard!

    ReplyDelete