September 17, 2009

Rain, rain go away . . .

Oh my holy hell.  Will the rain ever stop?

Yes, I know we are in a drought.  I know it’s only been two days of rain.

But you don’t understand, I need sunlight.  Weather like this makes me feel depressed, tired, and just plain icky.  (Not to mention what it does to my hair!)

It’s an actual disorder called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).  And yes, I’ve diagnosed myself (cause I’m amazing like that).  When sufferers of this disorder lack natural sunlight they can become depressed and possibly suffer from other major health issues; including some cancers and osteoporosis.

I can deal with the cold, the heat, the shorter days (somewhat), but days and days without the sun is just a killer to me.

Yes, I work inside so I don’t actually have the sunlight pouring down on me; but to be able to look out the window and see the light – it just makes me happy.

So as a result, I don’t have much to say today.  Because I’m SAD, sad and tired.

On the plus side though (cause I always try to find a silver lining) Man-Child’s game has been cancelled so at least I don’t have to go sit in the rain tonight.

It’s a good thing I don’t live in Mobile, AL (which has been named the number one rainiest city in the contiguous 48 states – surprising, huh?).  Yes, I’m full of fun facts.

::sigh:: And the forecast doesn’t look to promising through the weekend either.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hate rain too, would love to live somewhere virtually rain free. Where are you?
    Big result that match was cancelled- I think that really is the only benefit of rain, cancelled matches... ;0)


    NICE new look! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ChicMama; I've been working away at it and finally found out where my blog roll went.

    I'm convinced, it should only rain at night while I'm sleeping. That would make me pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete