September 7, 2009

Lazy Cow is not my title anymore! (at least for this week)

So yesterday I admitted to one and all that I've become a lazy cow. Apparently this public humiliation (and the fact that I had today off, hubby was working and Man-Child slept the morning away) actually forced me to clean out the closet.

I've been dreading the closet. Really, really dreading it.

When we moved in almost a year ago, everything I owned was just shoved willy-nilly inside to be dealt with at a later date. Certainly, I had more important things to deal with at the time.

But this morning I was productive. I even made Man-Child chocolate-chip muffins - which he didn't partake of until very late morning; practically afternoon. ::sigh:: This from the child that absolutely refused to sleep ever when he was small (no, I am not exaggerating) which made me completely incoherent and insane. . . but I digress . . .

I hauled out six - yes, count 'em, SIX - large trash bags full of clothes, bags, belts, scarves, shoes. I'm now trying to determine if I want to deal with trying to place them with a consignment store or just giving it all to Goodwill. Knowing me, I'll take the easy route and just drop them at the Goodwill; so I really don't even know why I'm having this internal debate. But it's habit. I talk to myself all the time; sometimes I agree with myself, sometimes I don't. (And no, I am not completely crazy. Yet.)

Then I dropped by the local hardware store for a few organizational items; and viola! The closet is complete. I feel much better now.


Much better than before!


Notice all the empty hangers? Evidence of all that was bagged up and moved out.
Whew. I feel much better now. Except for the fact that the pantry is now calling for attention. And those damn baseboards.
Ah well, no more planned days off until Thanksgiving. I guess they'll have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes tackling that huge project that's eating away at us is all we need to get off our asses and do stuff. Getting something like that done just feels amazing... it's just a matter of getting yourself going in the first place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous. Now I want to come and look around your totally organized and beautiful closet. And yum... Chocolate chip muffins?

    ReplyDelete