August 13, 2009

The Assignment I’ve Chosen to Accept

Mama Kat’s latest assignment uses the following prompts:

1.) Your trip to the ER...spill it.
(inspired by Stephanie from This Blessed Life).
2.) "Why are American's obsessed with weight? Why are we always fighting or complaining about what is natural for our bodies?"
(inspired by Jenn from Jenny Says What?)
3.) Describe one of your 'God Moments'.
(inspired by Jordan from Wide Open Spaces).
4.) List ten things you would say to ten different people in your life...if you had the chutzpah.
(inspired by Cassandra from Cassagram)
5.) Why is your kid in time out?
(inspired by Sera from Laughing Through The Chaos)

Feeling rather daring, I’m taking on #1 and #4 this week (so yes, it will be a rather long post – sorry).

So here goes nothing.

1.  Our trip to the ER.  As parents, we have been extremely fortunate in that we’ve only had two trips to the ER in the 14 1/2 years that Man-Child has been on the planet. 

Needless to say, both times were terrifying.

The one best for documenting would be our second trip when MC was probably in pre-school – about 4, I believe.  It was about 10:00 pm.  When hubby came in to wake me up.  He said MC was complaining about a pain in his side.  Hubby said MC was crying and wouldn’t let him touch the area.  He was concerned about appendicitis.  As calmly as possible, I got dressed and hubby carried MC to the car – because he said he couldn’t walk.  We had to lay the seat back and belt him in because he said he couldn’t sit. 

We arrived at the ER and had to wait and wait and wait.  After about an hour, we noticed that MC seemed to be fine and was playing and walking about.  We knew from prior experience, that you will still be charged for your visit if you leave before being seen by ER staff.  Plus, what if it WAS appendicitis and we took him home and it ruptured?  Finally, we were taken back to see a doctor.  She looked at him – prodded him.  And made her diagnosis.

He had gas.

Yes, you read that right.  Gas.  Which apparently he was able to quietly expel while in the waiting room.  ::sigh::  Only my kid.

4.  The ten things I would say to 10 different people in my life . . . if I had the chutzpah. (drum roll please)

  1. I would tell one co-worker to grow up, act her age, let go of the drama and to possibly seek therapy for her issues.
  2. I would tell another to get a spine and lay down some rules for her kids – before its too late. (Actually, there are two, I could tell this too. . .)
  3. And I would tell her to get an attorney & go after the ex because he is royally screwing her around and she’s letting him.
  4. I would tell a friend of a friend that her husband is an ass and a cheater – dump him and thank God you haven’t had kids with him.
  5. I would tell two other co-workers who have been dear friends for years and are in the middle of a stupid misunderstanding to grow up and make up already.
  6. I would tell this person that even though she thinks she  knows-it-all -- she really doesn’t.
  7. And that we don’t want to hear about everything she’s done better than we have or to have her jump into conversations that she was never a part of to begin with.
  8. I would tell the big boss of the dept. to start actually listening – rather than only hearing the first few words and acting on that.
  9. The really, really big boss I would tell to lighten up and relax and maybe act human once in a while.  That would definitely bring up morale.
  10. And finally, I would tell a male co-worker to be man and stop letting his 3 year old run the household and insist on some form of discipline – because I don’t want to hear about it anymore!

Thanks to Mama Kat for once again providing prompts to get the old brain running!

Gigi

5 comments:

  1. Oooh errr- number 4- scary. I would find that hard.
    Have to say I've taken TWO children to ER with suspected appendicitis which turned out to be gas as well! Very embarrassing.

    I'm trying to think of a solution to your frizz problem still. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely use some of those things to say to certain people in my life too! Funny how people are so much alike! :D Found your blog through MamaKat's Writer's Workshop. I'm definitely impressed that you took on two this week! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha, I love the ER gas story! That is something I see myself doing, you never really know what to do, and you hate to be the mom that doesn't do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie and White House - thank you so much for stopping by; come again soon!

    Chic Mama - I'm glad to know that I'm not the only mom that's been in that position - it is embarrassing! As for the frizz; I may have found a solution. I called my hairdresser today - I think I'm gonna whack it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really good advice to give. I wish you could help your co workers. Sometimes people would be so much happier if they made simple changes.

    ReplyDelete