August 30, 2009

Sunday Ramblings

They SOO did not have these when I had a small child.

GetAttachment

No!  Not for me.  I had to struggle all the way across the parking lot trying not to let little one get run over by all the crazies who think that the parking lot was their own personal racetrack.

Of course, I parked there.  I have a child, don’t I?  He just wasn’t with me.  And he’s too big to fit in the shopping cart. Besides, I was in and out of the store in less than five minutes.  Don’t judge me.

And really?  Are short people getting taller?  Or did they change the measurements as to what constitutes “petite”?  I’m vertically challenged.  I know this.  Generally, when it comes to pants I head over to the petite department to try and find a pair that will fit length-wise.  But lately?  I try on the so-called petite pants only to discover that they are at least 2 to 3 inches too long!!  What the hell is up with that?

And while I’m ranting about the petite department.  Do you manufacturers not realize that not all petite people are old?  Honestly, sometimes I’m in there thinking what the hell?  You don’t find the old-fashioned, icky kind of clothes in the “normal” department.  You generally won’t find elastic-waisted pants in the normal department either.  But there they are – in all their glory – in the petite department. 

Now let me ramble on about check-writers.  QUIT IT!!  The stores seriously either need to ban the practice of accepting checks or give these people their own line.  Why don’t you have a debit card already? 

And people who don’t work don’t need to be out and about during my lunch hour.  And if you are, realize that just because YOU aren’t in a hurry, I am.  I only have so much time to get my stuff done before returning to my prison office.  Thankyouverymuch!

Let’s not even get me started on all the idiots out there who can’t drive; but insist on doing it anyway.  Or all the rude people.  Or all those kids who insist on wearing their pants half-way down to their knees.  Oh no.  Let’s not get me started.

Whew!  Now that I’ve got all that out of my system let me apologize to the elderly, the people who don’t work, the check-writers of the world. . . oh, hell – I apologize to everybody for everything.  I wasn’t dissing YOU – it was the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment