August 3, 2009

How Do You Like the New Look? (and other side notes)

As you can probably surmise by all the changes around here that it has been another slow day at the office!

I certainly can’t do it at home with the Man-Child hovering in the background wondering if I’m done the computer. When I tell him no he goes away for a bit but drifts back. It’s just easier to do it when he’s not around!

It was a rather nerve-wracking experience, if the truth be told – SINCE I DON’T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT I WAS DOING. Every time I tried to upload the new template it kept telling me that I was going to lose my widgets! Didn’t want that to happen – that would mean my blogroll, etc. would have to be re-built. Thanks to the world-wide web, I was able to find a way to circumvent the problem – thank goodness.

BUT – I have yet to figure out that top portion where it says “Welcome This is the ideal place to say hello to your Readers and Welcome them...” It won’t let me change that for love nor money. ::scratching my head over this one:: So we’ll just have to live with it until I can figure it out. Also for some reason it wants to paste my profile picture right over the beginning of my profile. Oh well – these are the things you have to deal with when you don’t know what the hell you are doing! :-)

*********************

As for an update on the shunning. It worked amazingly well (for the time being anyway). I wouldn’t recommend it for every kid – but for mine it will probably work if used judiciously.

After chatting with an office friend this morning – it was once again brought to my attention that the problems I have with the Man-Child are soooooo miniscule. She is a single mom and seems to have lost control over her son who is only a year older than mine. He does whatever he wants; whenever he wants and she doesn’t have a clue about how to get a handle on it. She isn’t a firm parent and not having the back up of a husband (or even an ex who gives a damn) is really putting her in a tough spot. My heart bleeds for her – because I don’t know how to tell her to fix it. Eventually, I have a feeling he will get into really bad trouble and then what will she do? Lesson learned – as much as my Man-Child can bug the hell out of me – he’s still a very, very good kid.

Hmmm, wonder if I could convince hubby to go put the fear of God in him?? (Yeah, right!!)

Till later, y’all!

Gigi

Update: OMG! I actually did it. I somehow fixed that Welcome-thingy and it ONLY took me an hour and a half in html-hell!! I think I deserve a celebratory drink for that! Oh wait, I can't I have to go pick up the Man-Child. Damn.

2 comments:

  1. Oh well done you! I keep trying to change my layout with no luck at all. Did you really do it all on your own?
    Trouble is, like you, I believe? My blog is secret from everyone so I can't ask anyone to help.
    Glad shunning is working....I actually got a cuddle from my son the other day. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shucks. Thanks. Yes, I did do it on my own. It's not that hard - just trial and error. Email me at gigisramblings@yahoo.com if you want me to help you with it.

    Glad you got a cuddle - I don't care how big they get they still need to show us some love!

    ReplyDelete