August 25, 2009

I have a confession to make . . .

I un-followed someone the other day. Does this make me a bad bloggy friend?

When I was new to all this (and really, I still am). I followed blogs. Without really looking into them. This particular blog seemed fun. And I thought I'd really enjoy reading what this person had to say.

But I didn't.

What this person had to say basically did not hold my interest. I'm soooo sorry!

But truly, I don't have time to keep up with things that don't interest me. I'm sure plenty of people find this blog interesting. Just not me.

So, after a few days of dithering over it. I un-followed.

I feel bad.

To be fair, I don't think this person even realized I was following. This person never even commented on my blog. But still . . . I love my followers and amazed that they even follow. So how would I feel if all of a sudden I realized I had one less follower?

The crazy thing is; I didn't even start this for followers - or comments. But now, I love the fact that I have followers and I really LOVE that I get comments.

I feel like a bad bloggy person.

I think I need a glass of wine.

6 comments:

  1. No you don't make a bad bloggy (is there really such a word?) friend.
    I think it's bad when you actually follow someone who or whose writing you have no interest in. That's like following a politician you are never going to vote.

    I like your blog. Nice writing and funny. Cheers keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, it was you who stopped following me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe....you're so funny. And they take up so much space don't they. I think I have a few as well. They really annoy me when they're 'giving' away something all the time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone unfollowed me today....maybe they're sick of me moaning? LOL. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 2 weeks ago, I had over 200 blogs that I was subscribed to. Today, I'm down to under 150. I don't have that much time!!!
    I hate unsubscribing - not only do I not want to miss a great post, but I feel like I'm betraying the writer, even if they don't know I'm there. I know that if my feed count drops by even 1, I wonder and worry WHY that person stopped reading.

    I tend to subscribe to a blog based on a comment or single post, then plan to read it for a week or two while deciding... but I never actually "decided" anything, I just kept reading, even if it didn't really hold my interest. I just can't do that anymore :(

    At least I'm not the only one who feels bad for quietly sneaking away from blogs in the middle of the night when no one is watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol.. No it wasn't me who stopped following.
    And personally I think it's a good thing that you only follow people whose work you are interested in. Its also unfair when you follow blindly without reason, both to yourself and the person you are following.
    No offense meant.

    ReplyDelete