August 7, 2009

Whew! That was close.

Well, I almost lost what little credibility I have today.  I came this close to writing and posting about this 19 year old state trooper who apparently has been fired for placing an obscene picture in the bank canister along with his id and a check to be cashed while in uniform and in a marked patrol car.  He claims it was just a joke.   What kind of a joke is that?

I was going to rant on and on about stupidity, poor judgment, blah blah blah. 

Then I was going to further rant about why in the world the State Troopers would even hire a 19 year old?  Think about it – would you want a 19 year old State Trooper running around?  With a gun?  With no real life experience?  Seems crazy to me.

Thank goodness I went back to read the article before writing and posting. 

Turns out the State Trooper wasn’t 19 years old.  He was a 19 year veteran

So while I could still go on an rant about stupidity, poor judgment, etc.  I think instead I will go back to my little corner and absorb this lesson – from now on I will always make sure I’ve had at least one cup of coffee before I start to read the paper in the wee hours of the morning.  Otherwise who knows how badly I could misconstrue say, I don’t know, the proposed healthcare plan (yeah, like I even read those articles).

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment