October 4, 2009

Oh No! The Guest From Hell Is Coming!

I don't like him.  At All.

One of hubby's old friends called today to say he'd be stopping by our neck of the woods.  Not sure when just yet - or how long!!!

I. Can't. Stand. This. Man.

Why?  I don't really know.  He's obnoxious to no end.  He's got these weird lips (I know you can't not like someone about their lips - but his. . . I don't know; they remind me of a pervert or something).  I don't know exactly what it is about him; but he's revolting.  It's just a vibe or something.  You know what I mean, right?

Every woman that I know that has met or known him can't stand him either.  My mother-in-law.  Hubby's ex-wife.  All my friends who got to meet him when he blew into town for hubby's 50th birthday bash.  Which probably explains why he's been married umpteen times.  What blows me away was that anyone would have married him in the first place.  Yes, that was mean.  I can't help it.  I don't like him.

All hubby's other friends that I've met, I've liked.  This one . . . I tried, I just can't.  Hopefully he'll blow in during the work week so I can be at work for the majority of the time he's here.   If not, maybe I can have "appointments" or some girl time scheduled.  Something.  I can't be around him for any length of time.

He knows that I (or any other female) doesn't like him - and he doesn't care!  It seems to me that if he knew his bud's wife didn't like him - he'd make an effort with her, right?  He actually told Hubby to "warn the wife and tell Man-Child I'm coming." 

I truly don't see the same appeal that hubby does.  Maybe it's because they were partners as policemen so many years ago.  If they'd never been paired then maybe hubby would see what I see - I don't know.  But Man-Child likes him too; and he's only met him once!

I am soooo not looking forward to this visit.  I think we actually invited this to happen as we just happened to be talking about him today right out of the blue.  I must make a mental note to never have a conversation where his name crops up.

I need a glass of wine now.

2 comments:

  1. For the love of Pete....whenever he does show up, make sure you're wearing a bra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kiddin' me?? When he gets here I'll be wearing every piece of clothing I own. Even my toes will be covered up!!

    ReplyDelete