November 3, 2009

It's Kinda Sappy....but

My dear friend Chic Mama just posted about this - so it kinda feels like I'm stealing from her (I'm soooo not!  Really!!  This post has been lurking in the back of my head for a while and a few things have popped up that kinda forced it to the forefront) even though I've kinda posted about this in a roundabout way a loooooonnng time ago. 

As you know, I'm fairly new to the blogging game.  I've got a fair amount of new friends.  Although I have seen some jerks comment on other sites, I haven't had one hit mine yet (fingers crossed; hopefully never-cause, really?  I don't deserve that and neither do my friends).  I really don't understand the compulsion to be ugly to someone else.  Didn't their mom's teach them the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" rule??  Maybe it's just an attention-seeking device.  I don't know.

Anyway...I digress (again).  This isn't what I wanted to write about tonight.  Tonight I wanted to write about all the kind, compassionate and wonderful people that I have had the pleasure to meet throughout the blogosphere.

Some of my new friends are going through some really tough times.  Really tough.  And when I read through all the wonderfully supportive comments I am touched.  Really, really touched.  These are people who may have never actually met; but they are out there throwing their prayers, good thoughts, cyber-hugs and what have you out into the universe for others.  Maybe there is hope for man-kind after all.

I myself have received many supportive comments when I received that phone call about my dad.  And, at that time, I'd only been here maybe a month or two.  You guys don't know how much all your good wishes meant to me.  It was amazing.

Sometimes, it's easier to type out your encouraging words and thoughts than it is to actually say them to your "real" friends.  Because, it might be too embarrassing.  They might feel uncomfortable.  But really?  Although it might be hard to put it into words; what you have to say might actually be something that they are needing to hear.  ::cue the music-I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony....::

Sappy?? Yes.  True??  Yes.

So get out there and spread the love, baby.  We're all feeling it here in the blogosphere (at least in my cozy little corner) - so get out and share it with others.

And as for the jerk commenters?  Ignore them and they'll go away (hopefully).

Wandering off singing "You may say I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one.  I hope someday you'll join us.  And the world will be as one....."

3 comments:

  1. It's so strange. I have so much compassion and empathy for my students and friends, but for my family I'm always embarrassed to act that way. What is that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! And you are so true. I have more blog friends than I do physically avaible friends. They are the only people I can truly tell things to.

    And now I'm going to be singing "I'd like to teach the world to sing.." all day long!

    I loved the coke commercial with that song, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sappy at all, lovely. And thanks for the mention. X

    ReplyDelete